I kicked off Fashion Week by attending the world’s most prestigious event, the 9th Annual Style Awards held at The Stage at Lincoln Center and broadcasted on Style Network. It was my first time, and it was the beginning of Fashion madness. The red carpet was filled with some of the best fashionistas, designers, stylists, photographers and models. Everyone was impeccably dressed and strutting their stuff on the red carpet. I had the pleasure to have a one-on-one with a few guest attendees and a chance to take photos as well. Check out style network for video coverage of the event.
This year’s categories, honorees and presenters included:
- “Designer of the Year” – Carolina Herrera, award presented by Katie Holmes
- “Breakthrough Designer of the Year” – Prabal Gurung, award presented by Elettra Wiedemann
- “One to Watch (Female)” – Katherine McPhee, award presented by Joe Zee
- “One to Watch (Male)” – Ed Westwick, award presented by Simon Spurr
- “Celebrity Stylist of the Year” – Cristina Ehrlich, award presented by Amy Adams
- “Model of the Year” – Joan Smalls, award presented by Iman
- “Hair Stylist of the Year” – Andy Lecompte, award presented by Nicole Richie
- “Most stylish Athlete” – Henrik Lundqvist, award presented by Jeff Gordon
- “TV Costume Designer of the Year” – Jenn Rogien, award presented by Allison Williams
- “Makeup Artist of the Year” – Virginia Young, award presented by Elaine Irwin
- “Accessories Designer of the Year” – Reed Krakoff
- “Film Costume Designer of the Year” – Sandy Powell
Check out some photos I took:
Hair Stylist, John Barrett
Fashion Designer, Simon Spurr
Stylist June Ambrose and Alexis Welch
Fashion Designer, Carolina Herrera
Some of my favorites:
The following photos are courtesy of Zimbio.
Fashion Designer, Prabal Gurung
Stephanie Winston Wolkoff and Iman
What a wonderful night full of glamour and style!